2016 LIFEST ARTIST APPLICATION
- Lifest receives so many inquiries on playing our event, this year, we’ve partnered with Rawkzilla Magazine to help ensure that each inquiring artist gets fair and proper consideration for possibly performing at Lifest.
- Who can enter: any musical artist, signed/unsigned. You should be able to play a 30 min set of your original music. Lifest is a Christian music festival, we are looking for acts that adhere to the beliefs outline in the Apostles Creed.
- Registration deadline: Registration deadline is April 8, 2016.
- Cost: Nothing to enter, and no fee/cost if one of the three acts selected to perform.
- 3 Finalists will perform/compete LIVE at Lifest, Saturday, July 9,
- The winner will play a full set following that competition and will be entered in the 2016 Christian Festival Association national Talent Search.
- Criteria we will be looking for:
- Professionalism, talent, overall sound, etc
- Ministry through the music and beyond
- Fan voting on the band profile page hosted by Rawkzilla
CHRISTIAN FESTIVAL ASSOCIATION (CFA) NATIONAL TALENT SEARCH
The winner of the CFA National Talent Search competition will receive offers for paid performance slot (in the $500-$1000 range) for all participating festivals for summer 2017. (2015 there were 15 participating festivals, so the prior year’s winner received 15 offers). Travel, lodging and expenses for the national competition will be the sole responsibility of the Artist.
OVERVIEW OF DATES:
April 8th, 2016: Registration Deadline
APRIL 10, 2016: Voting Starts
MAY 10, 2016: Voting Ends
May 12, 2016: Winners Announced/Notified
JULY 9, 2016: PERFORMANCE DATE AT LIFEST
LIVE FINALS & PERFORMANCE: JULY 9, 2016 at LIFEST
- The top three artists moving on the live competition will be notified by May 11th.
- The live competition will be held on the Edge Stage on Saturday, July 9th at 11:00 am. (time etc. subject to change)
- Each band will play max 10 minutes or 2 songs, whichever is shorter, for a panel of judges who determine the winner.
- The winner plays a 30 min set on the Edge Stage the same day, July 9, at 12:00 pm. (time etc. subject to change)
- The winning artist will be entered into the 2016 Christian Festival Association National Talent Search along with winners from other participating festivals. (Done via video, not a live competition, no travel needed).
- Each artist will be contacted a few weeks before the event and be given details about the event including onsite check-in, passes, parking, etc.
The winner of the 2016 Lifest Talent Search Competition will represent Lifest in the Christian Festival Association’s 2016 National Talent Search competition.
One national winner will be selected from the winners of the regional talent search competitions held at many of the Christian Festival Association’s 2016 events.
The 2016 CFA Talent Search National Winner will receive:
- A full paid performance slot at each participating 2017 CFA festival
- Inclusion on published artist list of each participating 2017 CFA festival
- Inclusion on all participating 2017 CFA member festival websites
- Article/listing on all participating CFA member festival Facebook pages promoting national CFA winner