Take a listen to Mayday Parade‘s cover of Jason Derülo’s “In My Head” on AOL’s Music Blog! The song is the next track to be taken from Punk Goes Pop Volume 3, set for release on November 2nd, 2010. Check it out here!
“We love doing Punk Goes… because they’re always such a blast to rearrange and record,” notes Mayday guitarist Brooks Betts. “Music is supposed to be fun and these covers are a blast!” Read more at AOL Music Blog.
The most exciting Punk Goes… album to date, Punk Goes Pop Volume 3features a selection of the hottest rock bands covering Billboard Top Ten hits, including modern day pop classics by Lady GaGa, Kanye West,Katy Perry, Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake.
Full track listing and bands included on Punk Goes Pop Volume 3 is as below:
1. Breathe Carolina – “Down” (originally recorded by Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne) – Listen here!
2. Woe, Is Me – “Hot ‘N Cold” (originally recorded by Katy Perry)
3. Artist Vs Poet – “Bad Romance” (originally recorded by Lady GaGa)
4. Mayday Parade – “In My Head” (originally recorded by Jason Derülo)
5. Asking Alexandria – “Right Now (Na Na Na)” (originally recorded by Akon) – Listen here!
6. This Century – “Paper Planes” (originally recorded by M.I.A.)
7. The Word Alive – “Heartless” (originally recorded by Kanye West)
8. Family Force 5 – “Bulletproof” (originally recorded by La Roux)
9. Of Mice & Men – “Blame It” (originally recorded by Jamie Foxx ft. T-Pain)
10. Miss May I – “Run This Town” (originally recorded by Jay-Z ft. Kanye West and Rihanna)
11. The Ready Set – “Airplanes” (originally recorded by B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams)
12. Cute Is What We Aim For – “Dead And Gone” (originally recorded by T.I. ft. Justin Timberlake)
13. Sparks The Rescue – “Need You Now” (originally recorded by Lady Antebellum)
14. We Came As Romans – “My Love” (originally recorded by Justin Timberlake ft. T.I.)
For more information head to www.MySpace.com/PunkGoes
PUNK GOES… – In 2000, Fearless Records released an album of up-and-coming bands from the punk scene covering classic tracks by the likes of Judas Priest, Guns N’ Roses, Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth. Titled Punk Goes Metal, the compilation was so popular with both the musicians covering the songs, and the fans that loved hearing their favorite rock bands’ versions of tracks in other genres, that the compilation became an annual institution. One decade later, with over 600,000 albums and 2 million singles sold in the U.S. alone, Fearless Records is proud to announce the tenth in the Punk Goes… series – Punk Goes Pop Volume 3. The Punk Goes…themed compilation series is one of the most highly anticipated compilations in the market, and the top selling full-priced compilation in the alternative genre. Prior volumes include Punk Goes Pop 1 & 2, Punk Goes Classic Rock, Punk Goes Crunk,Punk Goes Acoustic and have featured hit bands such as The All-American Rejects, Rise Against, Gym Class Heroes, Plain White T’s, Jack’s Mannequin, Relient K, Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, A Day To Remember, All Time Low, and more.